Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quickie Red & Black Outfit

Slept horrrrrrrribly last night & woke up late, so I just grabbed a quick outfit & made some time to snap pix before rushing off to work. So here's just a touch of red in the black.

What I'm wearing:
Black knit military-style jacket, INC Concepts
Black T-shirt, Old Navy
Dark grey jeans, Calvin Klein
Red ankle boots, Aerosoles
Red & black Venetian glass heart pendant on black glass beads necklace, made by me (closeups here)
Square pewter dangle earrings, local artisan
Silver & garnet ring, bought in Jaipur, India
Red-brown lipstick, Lorac

I do like that this outfit combines things I've bought on my travels around the world. I got to see the artist making the glass heart pendant in a tiny shop in Venice, & I picked out the garnet ring from the artist who made it too. They're very special to me.



6 comments:

  1. The ring is beautiful, and I love the saucy touch of your red cowboy boots poking out from under all that black! Your jacket is really cute, too-I enjoy the combo of military and ruffles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fit of that blazer is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That outfit is great! Causal & sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the boots! I think red footwear is so cool with an all-black outfit. And the red accessories are just enough to tie it together. Awesome that you got to see the glass heart being made. I'm a huge fan of lampwork (I even dabbled in it a tiny bit at one point; still have the torch in my craft room). It's definitely NOT an easy skill to master!!

    Sophistique Noir - It's Red & Black Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie - Thanks!

    Sal - Definitely a fave. jacket - goes with so many things.

    LovleAnjel - I'm so glad I can wear casual at my office ;-)

    VictorianKitty - Yes, lampwork looks so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love that jacket!!! :)

    ReplyDelete