Friday, March 23, 2012

TropiGoth Birthday Party

This year was the big 4-0 for my sweetie, & he requested a luau-style birthday party. The nearest Saturday happened to be St. Patrick's Day, so we mashed-up the themes a little bit & held a tiki party dosed with shamrocks. It was great silly fun!


Wearing an authentic Hilo Hattie Hawaiian dress & my hair in victory rolls.

Gothic paradise cooler: Dark rum, pineapple-orange-guava juice, cream of coconut, grenadine, & ice, blended, then poured in a vintage black margarita glass with a pineapple slice & skully paper parasol (bought around Halloween).

Me & the bday boy.

With the tropical buffet.

5 comments:

  1. Meagan HendricksonMarch 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM

    Happy Birthday! What an awesome party and yummy sounding drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great theme for a birthday party! Oh I love theme parties and dressing up for it. Happy birthay to your boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to the spouse! That drink sounds delicious. (I see Hawaiian bread in the basket...drooool...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME! I love theme parties. My birthday is in early November, so I've said for years that I will have a Day of the Dead themed 40th bash. Unless we win the lottery and run off to Bali or someplace ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your man! it's nice to see a proper photo of you guys together. :) So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete