Sunday, June 2, 2013

Red & Black Week: Time for Tea, Part Two

Coincidentally to the bon voyage tea I attended, I went to another tea party early this year. For my birthday, my mom had asked what I'd like to do, if I wanted to go to dinner or something. One thing she suggested was high tea at a local tea parlor (a sister restaurant to the one chosen for my friend's party).

I liked the idea since, at the time my mom mentioned it, I hadn't been to high tea in ages. Well, it turned out that I went to two teas within a month of each other! Not complaining :)

Again, a proper tea requires a fancy outfit & a hat. But I had to wear a different outfit for this tea. This hat was custom-made for me by a friend, inspired by a piece of red & black fabric I provided for her. Everything else was her design, & the vintage trims came from her collection.

And by another coincidence, this outfit works quite well for Sophistique Noir's Red & Black Week!


What I'm wearing:
Black knit dress, Target
Black velveteen jacket, White House Black Market
Black tights, Calvin Klein
Red Chinese-silk flats, ShoeMetro
Garnet & silver necklace, gift from my mom
Red & black straw hat, custom-made by La Bricoleuse
Red lipstick, Sephora



No comments:

Post a Comment