Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday MemeDay: A-Z of Fashion

A) What accessories do you wear everyday?
My wedding band (white & yellow gold with diamond flecks), my engagement ring (sterling silver with amethyst cabochon), & a black leather studded bracelet on my left wrist. Those are on every day if I'm leaving the house.

B) What is your beauty routine?
Morning: Rinse face with water, moisturize, apply makeup, do hair. After work: Wipe off makeup with a baby wipe. Before bed: Wash face with gentle cleanser, shower, maybe do a face mask once a week if I remember, use anti-acne/anti-wrinkle night cream.

C) What was the last item of clothing (for yourself) that you purchased?
A pair of flat, black leather ankle boots by Aerosoles.

D) Do you use a dresser, closet, or both?
I use everything I can! My clothes occupy 3/4ths of a walk-in closet & all of  two tall dressers, plus half a hall closet for jackets & coats. There's a whole separate walk-in closet for my costumes.

E) What type of earrings are in your ears right now?
Gunmetal hoops, black rhinestone studs, & one garnet stud.

F) What type of figure do you have?
Somewhere between hourglass & pear-shaped.

G) Do you wear glasses?
Yes, always. Contacts don't work on my astigmatic eyeballs, unfortunately

H) What type of handbag do you carry?
Currently, I'm using a large, black leather, unstructured shoulder bag that carries scads of crap I need for commuting. It's not quite right for my new job, also, it's 4 years old & starting to wear out.

I) What is your ideal style?
I'd love more of a grown-up version of Stevie Nicks goth, but I end up with a pretty standard CorpGoth thing

J) What is your favorite brand of jeans?
The ones that currently fit my ass are by Calvin Klein, & I only found one pair in dark grey.

K) Do you wear knee-high stockings?
Not really. I only wear them with costumes because it's reasonably close to historically accurate.

L) Do you have to wear matching lingerie?
I would love to wear matching panties & bras, but I've rarely found matching sets that I like or can afford or that both pieces flatter me or are in the right sizes. Thus, the closest I get to matching is 'they're both black.'

M) Do you wear makeup?
Yes, tho' I'm a lot less adamant about it than I used to be. I used to never leave the house without lipstick, & now I'll go to the grocery store with a totally naked face. I blame old age & laziness! For everyday, I wear some kind of dark lipstick & black eyeliner. For special occasions (or if I have a breakout), I add foundation, eyeshadow, & touch up my brows (actually, when my brows have been freshly shaped, I tend to paint them daily). I don't wear mascara very often because it rubs off on my glasses (my eyelashes are naturally that long; yes, you can be jealous :).

N) Do you wear nightgowns?
Not anymore. I used to have quite a fetish for long, flowy, white cotton nightgowns, the kind you'd run about the moors crying "Heathcliff!" in. But I trashed them all, & sadly not in moor-related accidents. Finding replacements has been troublesome, & it's not important enough to me to sew my own. So I wear big baggy T-shirts & fleece PJ pants, which are just not as conducive to gothic romance.

O) What outerwear do you put on when going out on a typical winter's day?
Winter? It 'tis to laugh. In what passes for said season in Northern California, I might wear a lightweight black trench coat, suitable for the occasional droplets of moisture that fall from the sky sporadically at the end/start of the year.

P) What is your favorite perfume?
I go through phases where I wear scent every day & then don't wear it for months. I'm currently *not* wearing perfume. But past faves include Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs "Crossroads," the original Anna Sui, & rose essential oil.

Q) Is your motto "quality over quantity" when it comes to clothing and accessories?
My motto is more like "oooh, shiny!" followed by "can I afford it?" I will buy quality if I love it.

R) Do you wear rain boots?
What is this 'rain' you speak of? I'm living in a drought currently.

S) Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold?
Yes. Both.

T) Do you travel with a lot of luggage?
Depends on the trip. If costumes are involved, omg, yes, I bring tons of stuff.  I have the Giant Suitcase of D00m that mostly goes to Costume College & on the Costumers' Trips to Europe. Plus I'll bring hat boxes & backpacks & stuff. But for "normal" travel, I have one just-bigger-than-carryon bag that I can fill with enough clothes for 3 to 4 weeks of travel, & this bag is light enough for me to carry up flights of narrow stairs in little European B&Bs.

U) What is your daily uniform?
Dark corporate stuff with at least half of it in knits.

V) If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress? If not, how did you do your hair?
I made a small black lace veil that hung down the back over my ringlet hairpiece.

W) Do you wear a watch?
Not for years, since I got an iPhone. But I used to love them & had a little wardrobe of fashion watches to go with my outfits (I still have them, but the batteries are all dead).

X) What item of clothing always makes you feel beautiful?
This changes a lot, because my wardrobe & my body change. I would say that, in general, a nicely heeled shoe, preferably with an ankle strap, paired with a skirt that hits right at the knee (preferably bias cut or flippy) always feels beautiful because it requires my hips to move just so, & the whole curved movement from ankle to hip is so ultimately feminine that I can't help but feel rockin'.

Y) What is your favorite type of yarn?
Huh? I don't really care about yarn.

Z) Do you prefer zippers or buttons?
Both have their uses. In general, zippers are handy on the lower half of the body, buttons on the upper.

Feel free to copy these meme questions & answer them in your blog!

What I'm wearing: Dark brown pinstripe dress, made by Donna | Black cardigan, Macy's | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black ribbon-tie pumps, Clark's | Black bat necklace, Walgreen's | Gunmetal hoop earrings, random accessory store | Makeup For Ever Aqua Rouge lipstick in Dark Raspberry

No comments:

Post a Comment