Monday, September 29, 2014

Dirty Little Secret

You want to know why I love wearing dresses so much? It's not that they're pretty or feminine or figure-flattering. Sure, that's a nice side-effect. But the number one reason why I wear love wearing dresses and will go for them more mornings than not is because they're easy! One-piece dressing (no pun intended). Put on a dress, tights, shoes, a sweater or jacket or even just a scarf, maybe some basic jewelry, and *bam* I'm out the door.

No need to coordinate what top goes with which bottom, no fit issues wondering if the top should be tucked or how does the bottom balance the proportions of the top or vice versa. I don't have to worry about color coordination among two or three pieces -- many of my dresses are solid colors so I can throw on a print sweater or jacket for pizzazz or a solid one for a simpler look. If I have a teeny bit more time / energy, I'll add a scarf or fancy necklace.

Really though, dresses are my lazy-day, can't be arsed to think about it, wish I could have slept in, not feeling up to making a decision, omg just throw on something and run for the train to work option. I have a lot of dresses, even multiples of the same dress in different colors, and I'm always on the lookout for more. My most frequently worn dresses tend to come from basic shops like Target and Macy's, but I love my eShakti dress, my custom-made dresses, and a ton of dresses I find all over the place.

Do you wear dresses? Why or why not?

What I'm wearing: Black sheath dress, Target | Black lace tights, unknown brand | Purple velvet pumps, Rocket Dog | Black skull scarf, gift from my husband | Black & purple crystal earrings, random accessory store

No comments:

Post a Comment