Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Five: Random!

1. Name one place you volunteer? Why?
Can't limit it to one -- I have (& in some cases, continue to) volunteered with the Greater Bay Area Costumers Guild, Costume College, BayCon, CostumeCon, & the Society for Creative Anachronism bec. I'm a geek. Also I volunteered with the Yahoo! Employee Foundation, which is my former employer's nonprofit arm to raise money for the environment, education, & community projects. And during election years, I volunteer for the Democratic Party because that aligns most closely with my beliefs.

2. Name one book you'd like to see made into a movie? Why?
Dragonflight by Anne McCaffrey, the first of the Dragonriders of Pern books. Movie special effects are finally good enough for realistic dragons (for example, Ramoth, the queen dragon, should be about the size of a jet plane & yet have a friendship with a human). I want to see it done like Lord of the Rings & for the same reasons. Supposedly there's a film option on it right now, but books get optioned all the time and it takes decades before anything comes of it.

3. Name one creature (living, extinct, or mythical) you'd like for a pet? Why?
A unicorn because, hi, I'm a 12-year-old girl!

4. Name one place on Earth you'd like to visit? Why?
That I haven't already? That's hard ;-) Maybe Easter Island because I read Collapse by Jared Diamond & that made me curious about fallen societies.

5. Name one talent or skill you'd like to develop? Why?
Singing. I admire it in others so much, but I can't carry a tune if it had a handle.

Questions culled from The Friday Five on LiveJournal.


What I'm wearing: Black knit top with fabric roses, Newport News | Hot pink skirt, NY & Company | Black tights, Calvin Klein | Black & pink pumps, Irregular Choice | Black & pink crystal dangly earrings, random accessory store

No comments:

Post a Comment